Exercise strengthens your heart, brain, bones, and muscles and makes you happy by improving your mood and decreasing stress through these 7 exercises to do everyday. Everyone knows about the benefits of exercise, but most people often find it challenging to follow an exercise routine because of their busy schedules or laziness. Here is some good news for you. You can stay healthy by dedicating just a few minutes every day. Here is a list of 7 exercises to do everyday in the comfort of your home to stay fit, strong, and healthy.
7 Exercises to Do Everyday
Squats are one of the best exercises that engage multiple muscle groups and provide many advantages like better joint health, core strength, mobility, flexibility, balance, and posture. It also stimulates the release of hormones essential for growth, metabolism, and repair.
How to do Squats?
- Stand with your feet slightly apart.
- Keep your arms stretched before you or crossed.
- Bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Count up to ten, and then come back to your standing position.
Tips for doing Squats in the Right Way
- Keep your back straight
- Tighten your core muscles
- Foot placement should be shoulder-width apart
- Avoid excessive forward lean.
Initially, you may find it difficult to do squats. Start with 5 counts and then increase the counts gradually. You can also use wall support for the first few days.
Plank is the most effective exercise to strengthen and tone your core muscles and stabilize your abs. Adding it to your daily routine strengthens your core, improves back strength, balance, stability, and metabolism, and prevents injuries.
How to do Plank?
- Lower your forearms to the ground with the elbows directly below the shoulders.
- Extend your legs straight with your toes on the ground.
- Keep your head straight with your gaze on the floor.
- Hold the position for as long as you can.
Tips to do Plank in the Right Way
- The alignment should be a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Forearms should be parallel to each other
- Don’t let your head drop, and don’t look up
- Take deep, natural breaths
After mastering regular plank, you can try modifications like side plank, reverse plank, plank with leg lifts, plank rotations, etc.
3. Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks are an excellent full-body workout that increases your heart rate and improves cardiovascular health. This exercise helps strengthen your muscles, improve coordination, and boost your overall fitness. It is a wonderful exercise to burn overall fat, including belly fat, and relieve stress.
How to do Jumping Jacks?
- Stand straight with your feet apart and arms at your sides.
- Extend your arms upwards above your head and jump.
- As you jump, open your legs wide, leaving a big space between your feet
- After jumping, land back to the original position with feet apart and arms at the side.
Tips to do Jumping Jacks in the Right Way
- You should stand on an even, soft surface, preferably an exercise mat.
- Tighten your thigh muscles and pull back your tummy.
- You can go for the low-impact version if you want to do it easier.
- Inhale in the starting position and exhale while jumping.
Lunges are simple exercises targeting lower body muscles such as glutes, calves, hamstrings, and quadriceps. It increases bone density and calorie burn, builds muscle mass, and enhances athletic performance.
How to do Lunges?
- Stand straight with your legs a little apart.
- Keep your right leg forward and bend the knees until your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Remain in the position for a few counts.
- Return to the starting position by pushing your right heel.
- Repeat the same with your left leg.
- Alternate between both sides.
Tips to do Lunges in the Right Way
- Keep your core tight.
- Let your upper body be straight with your chest lifted and shoulders relaxed
- Keep your gaze forward
- Inhale when you lower your body and exhale when you push back.
5. Glute Bridge
It is a very simple but effective exercise that targets your lower back and buttocks muscles. Glute bridge helps to improve hip stability and posture. It is also very effective in reducing lower back pain.
How to do Glute Bridge?
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet hip-width apart flat on the floor
- Place your arms at your sides with palms down.
- Tilt your pelvis upwards, lifting your lower back off the mat.
- Hold the position for a few seconds.
- Lower your hips back to the position and repeat.
Tips to do Glute Bridge in the Right Way
- Inhale when you are in the starting position and exhale when you lift your hips.
- Your weight should be evenly distributed across both feet.
- Keep your knees aligned with your feet.
- Make sure your feet are not caved inward.
Read Also:- Power of Choice Navigating Life Decisions
Pushups target a wide range of muscles and provide multiple benefits, including promoting upper body strength and joint health, improving posture and cardiovascular fitness, and increasing endurance.
How to do Pushups?
- Start with the plank position.
- Keep your elbows close to your body with your palms on the floor.
- Lower your body toward the floor bending your elbows and bringing your chest close to the floor as much as possible.
- Push your palms and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the same. Start with a few counts and increase gradually.
Tips to do Pushups in the Right Way
- Keep your body in a straight line.
- Inhale when you lower your body and exhale when you push it up.
- Let your gaze be forward and the neck neutral.
7. Mountain Climbers
It is another simple but effective exercise that works on the full body. Mountain climbers provide cardiovascular benefits, burn calories, improve core strength, and strengthen your core.
How to do Mountain Climbers?
- Start with the plank position.
- Let your body be straight from head to heels.
- Lift your right foot, bringing the knees close to the chest.
- Switch with left knee quickly.
- Continue to alternate in a running motion.
Tips to do Mountain Climbers in the Right Way
- Inhale and exhale in a natural rhythm.
- Focus on a controlled and rhythmic speed.
- Make sure your hips don’t sag.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles to strengthen your core.
These 7 exercises to do everyday are sure to improve your overall physical fitness and mental well-being. Incorporate them into your routine, and remember to do them right. Consult your doctor if you have any health issues or concerns.