“Good food choices are good investments”. One should look for a healthy meal and incorporate regular dietary habits to keep oneself active and energetic. A healthy diet plan that includes fruits and vegetables prevents illness and disease. It is rightly said that you are what you eat. Hence a healthy and nutritious diet must be followed to lead a happy and contented life.
Nutritional experts claim that the slow-eaters have a lower body mass index than fast eaters. The hunger signals are controlled by different hormones and sent to the brain to regulate the desire for stomach fullness or emptiness. The food is much well digested when chewed thoroughly as the digestive enzymes and the digestive tract has to work less. Also, one should incorporate high protein, high fiber meals in their diet, giving the body nutritional value. Eggs for breakfast and yogurt during lunch are perfect for your healthy plate. Try to drink as much water as possible, as it helps release toxins from the body. A diet full of nutritious meals helps regulate your body mass index (BMI), improves gut health, keeps your heart, lungs, liver, and other organs healthy, improves immune system health, and maintains proper blood circulation.
List of some healthy and delicious recipes
There are an ample number of dishes that provides the twin benefit of being nutritious as well as palatable to the taste buds. The amount of energy input to the body should follow the energy expenditure. Eating toasted, baked, or sauteed food is always healthier than fried or battered food. Here are some of the recipes that you can try to have both health benefits as well as have a delicious touch to your taste buds.
- Lentils with sweet potatoes: This combination dish is a perfect recipe for vegans and vegetarians. The boiled potatoes are diced, mixed with cooked lentils, and sauteed afterward. The meal can be served with freshly prepared tomato sauce or packaged tomato ketchup.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup: Broccoli is a low-carb veggie that is healthy to eat and delicious to the taste buds. Broccoli mixed with chicken broth and cheese makes a perfect meal for any health-conscious foodie to fall in love with.
- Chicken Lettuce Wrap: Sauteed or cooked chicken mixed with onions, garlic, tomato, sauces, and other toppings wrapped in lettuce leaves finds a perfect meal for everyone who wants a healthy and appetizing diet. The nutritional content of both chicken and lettuce adds to the health benefit without increasing the calorie count.
Miso soup is one of the most popular and well-known soups in Japan. It is a hearty, filling dish perfect for a winter meal. Miso soup is made with various ingredients, including miso paste, dashi broth, tofu, and vegetables. In this article, we will take a closer look at the history and origins of miso soup and its many health benefits!
- Cooked seafood: It is a highly customizable dish with choices of a variety of seafood to be consumed. The broth or soup cooked out of it is full of easy-to-digest nutrients and has a tranquilizing effect on the GI tract. You can choose to have your favorite seafood without any dietary restrictions or calorie intake. Altogether, it is a healthy meal with a high nutritious value that is good for your gut health and appealing to your taste buds.
- Dumplings: The stuffing in the dumpling wrap can vary according to your choice of food. It can range from steamed or sauteed veggies, including carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, or boiled or cooked chicken, bacon, or mutton. The steamed wraps of dumplings are low on calories and high on taste value. This is an easy-to-cook recipe with high nutritious value and is liked by people of all ages, from children to the elderly. Apart from steaming, dumplings can also be consumed by grilling in the microwave.
- Grilled chicken: An adequately cooked grilled chicken is high in protein content with no carbs, giving a guilt-free food option to be consumed by health lovers. It is a stomach-filling meal that can be consumed without extra calories, providing a healthy and palatable option to add to your delicious dinner plate.
Living a healthy and content life should be the whole purpose of the human body. The food you are consuming affects your health physically, mind, and soul. Having monotonous and bland food may be depressing at times, but if you find ways of having a delicious food item on your plate which has health benefits, too will be the extra icing on the cake. This blog intents to help your search for good, palatable food. I hope you have a happy reading and find it helpful.
RSS Feed URL Copied