“A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe”. Food is love, and cooking is a passion. We enjoy good meals but have you ever thought of the leftover food from the last supper? Before throwing out any excess food, you should at least think about those empty stomachs craving just-food. For you, it may just be a portion of leftover food from last night, but for many, it is like a treasure hunt. Cooking from excess food items helps save money and reduce food waste.
Creative cooking can be planned with the foodstuff from your last lunch or dinner in your refrigerator. This will help shift you from the conventional food item you have been dining with for a long time. This will aid in boosting your mood both while cooking and munching.
This blog has been structured to put forth some delicious meals that can be cooked by combining a few of the eatables and an extra pinch of spices and condiments, and a completely new dish is on the serving.
List of some creative dishes cooked from the leftover food
We cook food with fresh ingredients, but the leftover food items often worry us. Here, we have tried to collect a list of delicious food preparations cooked from the leftover food items or ingredients.
- Pasta stir fry: This fancy-named dish is relatively easy to prepare from all those leftovers in your refrigerator. Combine the plain, cooked pasta with colorful veggies like broccoli and mushroom and protein sources like meat, cottage cheese, or tofu. Stir fry the whole dish on the stove or bake in an oven to relish an utterly new food item on your plate.
- Soup: An easy-to-prepare with lots of veggies, chicken, mutton, bacon, cheese, bread, and other food items makes a perfect meal. An extra add of noodles in your soup will make it worth eating. It is a well nutritious dish packed with vitamins, minerals, calcium, antioxidants, and flavonoids, along with a delicacy appealing to the taste buds in a single bowl. What else does one need apart from this?
- Congee: It is traditional Chinese food cooked with leftover sweet and sour rice porridge combined with turkey stock and added flavors of spices, condiments, and other food items of your choice. This utterly new dish adds a unique flavor to your plate and prevents the wastage of food items from your refrigerator.
Traveling and immigration history has opened up the gates for different cultures, communities, ethnicity, and most importantly, different types of food and cuisines. It is rightly said that to know about someone’s culture, you should first taste their food. When the different cultures and ethnic groups from other parts of the world meet, it helps to broaden the knowledge of various spices, condiments, cooking, and food habits according to their geographical location.
- Tacos: The small cauliflower florets are roasted and made a little crunchy. The leftover beans are combined with yogurt, lemon juice, and other ingredients, and this bean sauce is then brushed up on the cooked tortillas. The smeared tortillas are mixed with roasted cauliflowers and seasoned with greens or other seasoning ingredients. This quickly-made dish appeals to the tongue and adds an extra flavor to your plate.
- Baked Eggplant and Cheese: Thickly chopped eggplant is baked after it is smeared with oil and some seasoning for about 35 minutes till it becomes little brown. Caramelize onion and garlic and season ingredients like tomatoes, paprika, and spices over a stove. Now, assemble the sauce, baked eggplant, caramelized seasoning, cheese, and other choice ingredients and bake the whole dish. It puts a flavorful dish on our plates without wasting any leftovers.
- Easy Fried Rice: An easy-to-go recipe cooked with leftover rice from the last meal combined with colorful veggies, chicken or mutton, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, chili sauce, soy sauce, and other seasoning ingredients of your choice is an all-time favorite of people belonging to every age group. All the ingredients are mixed, tossed in a pan on a stove burner, and served hot.
- White Cheese Chicken Lasagne: Firstly, boil the lasagne noodles in salted water for a few minutes and then drain and rinse the noodles with cold water. In the meantime, melt some butter in a saucepan, and toss some onions and garlic on medium flame. After the onions turn brown, add chicken broth, milk, and salt to taste and cook for some time. To prepare sauce, in about two cups of mozzarella cheese add all the ingredients like oregano, black pepper, basil, and others. Mix all this with the boiled lasagne noodles and stir on low to medium flame for some time. A piping hot, flavourful dish is ready to serve, which is loved by all.
“Throwing away food is like stealing from the table of the poor and hungry.” Food is a living treasure, and its wastage should be avoided as much as possible. Cooking over again from the leftover food items will help you cook some creative dishes and add flavors to your table.
RSS Feed URL Copied